A few days ago, there was a craft fair in Santiago and I found this cute bench to alter. I started from scratch but only have photos since I gave it the first coat of brown paint.
First I applied gesso to the entire piece, then a coat of brown paint . I went with crackled paint but it didn't work (between the brown and blue paint), so I finished with the light blue. You have to let each coat to dry before applying the next one. Then with a sand paper I started to remove some paint and here is the result.
Lots of Prima flowers from past and current collections!!
First coat of paint after the gesso
Second coat of paint (well, after the crackeled failed paint)